Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It's a crazy mixed up world...

Lately I've been working my butt off and not just at work.. I am part of a Community Newsletter Editorial team, as well as president of the local Cricket Club as well as being a member of the District Community Planning Group oh and not to mention I am the Communications Officer for the local Fire Brigade too.

So you could say I have my hands pretty full, the problem is lately a few people have been taking things for granted and leaving all the work to only a handful of people ... or in my case just me. That is annoying enough but then you get people whining about this not being done or that not being done and I then turn around and say well I am one person and I do have a lot to do but of course nothing was stopping you from pitching in and giving a hand now was it...

Like today I had to get some belts organised to repair some machinery I use and I told the guy the right belts, he got me 2 belts like he was asked... 1 was the right size and the other looked the right size but wasn't it was actually slightly different - and then I looked at the code on the belt and low and behold they didn't match so that explained a lot.  It took about an hour to remove the old belts and put the new ones in place as it is a fiddly job and the only person who seems to do the job it me which is pretty normal lately coz I seem to be the one doing EVERYTHING and that's no fun at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment