Saturday, October 24, 2009

feeling unappreciated...

I was sick for 3 days earlier this week and was in bed for the majority of those 3 days, so much so that I had no energy for 2 days.  Come Friday afternoon I find myself slaving away for a couple hours ensuring the pitch was ready for the junior cricket match the following morning. I finished at a respectable 9:15pm and was there bright and early at 6:30am to finish rolling it and mark it for cricket so they could play and enjoy their day.

I got that all done and had to do a lot of other team organising things as well as get myself ready, I got home and within 5 minutes of walking in the door I was asked where I was via text message. I said that I had a lot more work to do and would be over when I was done, a lot of people take for granted the fact that the gear is there and the drinks and all the things are there for them and they just have to rock up and play.

Without somebody like me there to ensure all those things are there and organised they wouldn't even be playing cricket. I'm very close to jumping up and saying right - you blokes seem to be able to do so well without me - you're on your own for a couple weeks I'm taking time off

No comments:

Post a Comment