Saturday, February 13, 2010

What a WEEK...

Well it started out with me relaxing at home on a hot and steamy Sunday. It was still hot and steamy at 6:30am Monday morning when I arrived at work, the day only got hotter amd as it turned out the Tuesday and Wednesday were as bad with the temperature being in the low 40C range.  The first 3 days of the week were hot and filled with a variety of work related issues which were highly frustrating to say the least.

Thankfully Thursday was a better day kind of, for me waking up at 4am wasn't what I would like an nor was starting at 5:15am so as to get the important work completed... and I did my day of work ended at 5:30pm - so a mere 11 hours of work.  In that 11 hours I did a full 2 days of work - felt like I was running a never ending marathon to be honest. What makes it all the more amazing was the fact that this feat was accomplished on a day when the temperature was hovering so close to 40C for the afternoon and was 35C by 10am.

Friday wasn't much better temperature wise either - hovering over 35C and having a lot of work to get done, I have to admit getting home at 7pm after a day at work on a Friday is nobodies idea of 'fun'.  I was literally asleep on my feet, and of course I still had several hours of volunteer work to attend to, this was postponed until Saturday morning and as my week had been even a 'relaxing' morning turned to a stressful hell of a time.  Thank god things got better and I had a relaxing afternoon of fun in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment